Monday, June 15, 2009

Go Medigap gives you explanations about your choices

I turned 65 two years ago, and I did not realize what options were out there to protect myself and my family. I knew that Medicare was not going to cover all of my medical expenses, regardless of which plan I chose. I knew that there were many Medicare Supplement Insurance options out there, but I had no idea where to even begin finding out about each and every one, much less how to choose the best one to fit my individual needs. I found gomedigap.com when I conducted an online search. I plugged in “Medicare Supplement Insurance plan” and was a bit overwhelmed with all the information out there. I clicked on this site and was so impressed with the information I found, as well as the attention to details and the thoroughness of the quality of information available to review. Not only did it walk me through Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B, and what each of the initial plans covers, but it also introduced me a variety of supplement plans, with a detailed explanation about each opportunity.

I already knew that the intent of Medicare was never supposed to be to take care of all my medical expenses as a senior citizen. Just like regular insurance through a company for which you work, it is a plan to help alleviate some of the expenses. And I am very thankful for the coverage I received last year when I had hip replacement surgery. It toos several months for me to fully recover, and the overall medical expenses without Medicare would have been far too much for my family to bear. Medicare covered a great deal of the cost of my hospitalization, as well as the majority of the cost for the surgery itself. I also was impressed with the amount that was covered for medications and skilled care nursing that I required following my hospital stay. But there were still so many expenses that were not covered. I am so grateful to this Web site. Like most seniors, I am on a fixed income. It was on the site that I found my Medicare supplement insurance plan. Without that additional coverage, I honestly do not know how I would have been able to pay those bills, and pay our taxes on our house, our utility bills, for our other medications and for groceries, gas for the car and, well, you get the picture.

No comments: